Check out music from 365 Krue

Monday, April 18, 2011

Video Game Development

When it comes to video games the levels have to be diverse, for example levels for racing games should never be predictable, boxing/fighting games should have different venues or arenas, and sport games such as football, baseball, soccer, basketball etc. should constantly be renovated. Although most sport games stay consistent with the same button operations, the features and gameplay are always being updated every year.

As I mentioned above the gameplay should always be renewed, nothing is worse than playing a game that is repetitive. Some may say well what about a game such as “angry birds”, well that game is a perfect example. Yes “angry birds” is repetitive, because the goal is always the same, but the features of the game changes after reaching certain levels. You receive different birds and the structure of the levels is also always different.

When it comes to gaming there is a master hierarchy with various levels and steps. The most common separation I believe there is, is the difference between the “gamer” and the “creator”. Both branch off into many other systems themselves, but I feel that I would be most fit in the creator, since I always find myself thinking of different ways to create a better game instead of just enjoying the game that I am playing. This DMF 203 class has already given me the spark I needed to. When it comes to video game team development, I see myself as the level designer for the video game. My countless video game experience, creative mind, and ability to set goals enable me to create different scenarios and custom levels for a variety of video games

No comments:

Post a Comment